Quick, Easy, Inexpensive Tuna Patties!
Quick, easy and inexpensive these tuna patties make a great light evening meal for the family. Serve with salad made of crisp lettuce, avocado and caperberries, or alternatively a selection of lightly steamed garden vegetables. Serves 4 - I would double this!
750g potatoes, peeled, chopped
2/3 cup plain flour ( for gluten free use rice or almond flour)
425g can tuna in oil, drained, flaked
1 lemon, finely grated rind and
¼ cup juice
8 caperberries, finely chopped (plus extra caperberries for garnish)
2 eggs salt and white pepper
2 egg yolks
2 cups dried or fresh breadcrumbs ( gluten free is optional)
2/3 cup extra light olive oil
2 pieces preserved lemon, pulp removed, skin finely chopped (optional)
2 tbsp olive oil 1 bunch baby curly endive, leaves separated
1 large avocado, thinly sliced
- Put potato into a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium high and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and roughly chop. Add ¹/₃ cup flour, tuna, lemon rind, 2 tbsp lemon juice, caperberries and 1 whisked egg. Season with salt and pepper and stir until well combined. Divide mixture into 8 and form them into patties.
- Put remaining ¹/₃ cup flour into a shallow bowl. Whisk remaining egg in a shallow bowl with 1 tbsp cold water. Put breadcrumbs into another bowl. Lightly coat each pattie with flour,then dip into egg mixture and coat with breadcrumbs. Place onto a large plate.
- Put egg yolks into a food processor with remaining lemon juice. Process for 30 seconds. With motor running, slowly add extra light olive oil until a thick creamy mayonnaise forms. Add preserved lemon if using. Process until combined.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add 4 patties and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden and heated through. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Cook remaining patties the same way.
- Serve patties with a dollop of mayonnaise, and a caperberry or two, season with rock salt and add salad and a lemon wedge on the side.
- Add salad and avocado into a bowl and toss until well combined.
Modified by me and original by my friends at MiNDFOOD
- A Healthy View (504)
- Breakfast Recipes (22)
- Chicken Dinner Recipes (29)
- Chilli Recipes (5)
- Christmas Recipes (14)
- Curry Recipes (8)
- Dessert Recipes (20)
- Dinner Recipes (113)
- Easter Recipes (9)
- Free Recipes (232)
- Hormone Health (16)
- Media (84)
- Mental Health (25)
- Mexican Recipes (11)
- Nutrition (190)
- Salad Recipes (9)
- Sauce & Dip Recipes (12)
- Seafood Recipes (12)
- Sleep (3)
- Soup Recipes (12)
- Snack Recipes (56)
- Sugar (13)
- Weight Loss (35)
- Workplace Wellbeing (7)
Leave a comment