Hormone Chaos - Oestrogen Excess Makes us Cranky!
In The Healthy Hormone Diet Book- a 4 week nutritional reset, we explore all hormones- men and women of all ages. In today’s blog, I want to discuss the powerful hormone - oestrogen and discuss how we can reset excess with nutrition. Thank goodness with have modern medicine, if needed but good nutrition can help improve total wellbeing. I never had one single client every say all this great food full of fibre and nutrients is making me feel tired, moody and puffy.
Oestrogen Excess Symptoms
- Increases risk for breast cancer
- Lower libido
- Sketchy periods
- Swelling & puffiness
- Sore or cystic breasts
- Moodiness and headaches
- Weight gain
- Thyroid issues/cold/hair loss
- Brain fog
- Tired but can’t sleep
What leads to Oestrogen Excess?
- Low fibre, poor fats, crapy carbs. A diet abundant in clean protein, good fat, and smart carbs is rich in nutrients which unpins hormonal health.
- Stress which drives cortisol, insulin and other hormones. This leads to adrenal burnout and can affect overall wellbeing and hormonal balance.
- Excess body fat (greater than 28%)
- Poor immune function
- Toxic exposure to endocrine disruptors like BPA, pesticides, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), polybrominated biphenyls (PBBs), dioxins], plastics [bisphenol A (BPA)], plasticizers (phthalates), pesticides [methoxychlor, chlorpyrifos, dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT)], fungicides (vinclozolin), ( 1 )
6 Ways to decrease oestrogen excess
- Colour. Start colouring your plate. A variety of colours means a variety of nutrients, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- Hormone Reset Diet. Get rid of hidden sugar. Full stop and dont bring it back. At the same time eliminate gluten and diary just for four week, then reintroduce (See The Australian Healthy Hormone Diet book www.our link on our site)
- Fill up with finer. Moving out bowels allows us to excrete excess oestrogen. Constipation is painful and we do not want any oestrogen reabsorbed
- Exercise and get to a healthy weight. High Intensity Interval training and strength training has great results on hormones.
- Detox your liver naturally. Eating a clean, healthy hormone diet will naturally help you clean your liver. We need our livers to filter out harmful toxins from the environment and what we put into our body. So when we have a partying time like Christmas and we over indulge on alcohol, caffeine, or sugar our livers need to work harder at detoxifying oestrogen that is meant to be eliminated. Eat clean, real, whole food with lots of fibre and brassica vegetables to give you liver a clean sweep. Broccoli, cauliflower, kale, brussel sprouts, and cabbage should become part of your daily diet.
- Reduce Stress. Stress is not good for any of your hormones which of course affect your weight, mood and energy. Stress drives cortisol and insulin and burns out your adrenals. If we are really smart we will preserve our adrenal health because as we age our adrenals can provide a little of the anti-ageing balanced oestrogen we need for skin elasticity and libido
To find out more about how you can reset your body and your hormones to feel better every single day, head over to A Healthy View to take a look at Michele's new book and Order your copy now! The book features stories of Michele’s successful clients including Stephanie and Felecia who tackled and tamed key hormones. Read the real stories of busy mums, dads, executives and young adults and how easy it was for them to make massive changes!
Endocr Rev. 2009 Jun; 30(4): 293–342. Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals: An Endocrine Society Scientific StatementEvanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis, Jean-Pierre Bourguignon, Linda C. Giudice, Russ Hauser, Gail S. Prins, Ana M. Soto, R. Thomas Zoeller, and Andrea C. Gore
- A Healthy View (504)
- Breakfast Recipes (22)
- Chicken Dinner Recipes (29)
- Chilli Recipes (5)
- Christmas Recipes (14)
- Curry Recipes (8)
- Dessert Recipes (20)
- Dinner Recipes (113)
- Easter Recipes (9)
- Free Recipes (232)
- Hormone Health (16)
- Media (84)
- Mental Health (25)
- Mexican Recipes (11)
- Nutrition (190)
- Salad Recipes (9)
- Sauce & Dip Recipes (12)
- Seafood Recipes (12)
- Sleep (3)
- Soup Recipes (12)
- Snack Recipes (56)
- Sugar (13)
- Weight Loss (35)
- Workplace Wellbeing (7)
Leave a comment