Chocolate Chai Doughnuts
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon or chai spice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 banana
- 2 tbs ground flax seeds and 5 tbs hot water set aside for min 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients
- Add the flax seed mix, coconut oil, syrup, vanilla extract, and milk until well combined.
- Grease your donut pan with coconut oil. Pour the batter into the donut mold.
- Separately, mix the coconut oil and cacao powder in a small bowl until well combined for the icing
- Bake the doughnuts for 15 - 20 minutes. Remove donuts from oven, and allow to cool completely on a wire rack before icing