Five Tips to Avoid Overeating!
- Load up 80% of your plate with delicious vegetables – Brussel sprouts, green beans, salad and root vegetables. Cauliflower and broccoli are also liver detoxifying. A beautiful, colourful and inviting plate can make the healthiest of foods look delicious and appealing. Bonus tip: Make a point to eat off a smaller plate so that you don’t accidentally overload and over-eat.
- Eat some fermented foods to help you digest the meal better. Kefir is our favourite and it works well with any protein.
- Try to avoid waiting so long to eat that you’re ‘hangry’. Chances are you will eat fast and not even notice that you’re full until you’ve overdone it. Get your metabolism working for you. Instead of saving room for the big meal, eat a healthy breakfast – we love protein shakes with some avocado and almond milk.
- Slowing down and chewing your food well is a huge step towards stopping overeating. Digestion and satisfaction starts in the mouth. Also, get away from the TV or computer and pay attention to what you’re doing. Set the table, light a candle and truly enjoy your meal.
- Smell and taste your food? Try playing a game with yourself to actually identify all the different flavour nuances found in the food that you’re eating. Make a point to try and eat something salty, sweet, sour and spicy with every meal to really satisfy your taste buds.